Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Kick start...

Dear foodies,

...your day with some Jalapeno-cheddar scones,
homemade butter and freshly squeezed orange juice

I need a kick too, for not coming back here for soo long. I am not going to start with an excuse, I have tonnes, but none really matter.... Instead I'll sneakily pass on this wonderfully buttery scone recipe that packs a punch in it....its dotted all over with some spicy jalapenos.

I came across the recipe for these fiery delights on Deb's blog, Smitten Kitchen. I nearly have half her recipes bookmarked! I don't know when I will get through all of them, but this particular one said it wouldn't wait any longer :D So here's the recipe. I stuck to the whole thing, just added half an extra jalapeno (it could have used more) and topped the scones with some Parmesan cheese before sending them into the oven.

I bought some heavy cream in the hopes of making panna cotta, but that did not happen. The agar-agar flakes have been sitting in my pantry for almost a year now, sigh. I used some of the cream in the scones and while they were baking, I got a brilliant idea of whipping up the rest of the cream into fresh butter. I brought out the blender jar, tipped the contents of the cream can into it and whizzed it around. In a few minutes I had light and airy buttahh! Sprinkled with some salt and sugar you'll have the most wonderful stuff to spread over the warm scones.....yummmm. Here's a detailed how-to on Kay's blog (half her recipes are bookmarked too!) If you want to get some exercise done before you feast on the divine stuff, then skip the blender and try the hand-shake method :D Don't blame me if you get addicted to making flavored butters at home from now on... :D

On another note, it been almost a year n a half since I bought the domain name for my blog, but haven't used it. The first time I tried to re-direct the blog, it did not transfer the photos. Now the photos are displayed, but the comments on the posts did not get transferred. I followed all the steps listed in the blogger site, should I be doing something else ?

16 thoughts:

Sonia said...

Hey Priya...good to see you back!! hmm..buttery scones looks so fresh.
Congrates on your new website!!!
I think you have to export-import the old stuffs. Though, I have no idea abt blogger since i m using Wordpress. Good luck!

Ramya Vijaykumar said...

Priya the scones have come out really well, beautiful pic!!! Hey good luck on the domain name... havent tried my hands on that so I can hardly tell you whats with the disappeared comments, shall ask my other friends and let you know though!!!

Trendsetters said...

great scones..yummy

Pavani said...

Welcome back Priya.. Missed you. Scones and homemade butter look delicious & awesome.

Soma said...

Miss your posts Priya, but will understand if you say you are busy:-) More than anything else that fresh butter is making me drool and making me want to make some right away. take care.

Anu said...

Welcome back Priya.. Scones looks delicious and tempting..

Priya Suresh said...

Welcome back Priya..scones and butter looks fantabulous!!

Tina said...

Welcome bak dear..Scones looks yummy and delicious..Beautiful clicks too...

Fathima said...

Welcome back Priya! Scones look great!

Vanamala Hebbar said...

Wow nice delicious...

Divya said...

the homemade butter looks delectable!scones very tempting!

Anu Menon said...

I totally love all of Deb's creations!!! How u been... Long time!

shankari said...

Welcome back

ARUNA said...

That's a nice kick start, scones look delicious!

Mythreyi Dilip said...

Gr8 to see u back dear:)

Scones looks perfect and tempting!!!

Priya said...


Pavani, I missed being here too! :( Trying to get back on track now :)

Soma, hehehe, lazy more than busy I think :D You will love the fresh flavor Soma, and I can already imagine you coming up with new flavor combo's :)

Anu, Priya, Tina, Fathima, Vanamala & Divya, thank you! I hope you guys try these sometime :)

Anu, yep, but I wish I could get working on the bookmark list, cos it just keeps getting longer :D I'm doing great, how are you ?

Shankari, Aruna & Mythreyi, , thank you for dropping by :)

Blogging tips