Tuesday, August 18, 2009

HHDD #27 - Voting begins

Dear foodies,

I'm back with the refreshing round-up of Hay Hay it's Donna Day # 27. We were celebrating Donna's summer salads all this month. I tried out a recipe for a lime & mint noodle salad which was wonderful and you guys have come up with many interesting variations to this recipe and others. Without further delay lets move to the list of entries I got...
Vote for your favorite Summer salad



Stephanie who blogs at Dispensing Happiness sent us a

Sugar Snap Pea, Cucumber, Mint & Tofu Summer Salad





Tartasacher who blogs at Mil Postres which means 1000 desserts

sent in Skewered fruit salad with chocolate sauce, from Spain.





Zaira who blogs at La Cocina de Zaira made a

tomatoes, watercress & Manchego cheese salad in olive oil





Dennis added a creative spin to recreate a

Cauliflower & Feta salad





Suzie who blogs at Munch+Nibble made a

Witlof with Zucchini, mint & feta salad







Our previous host, Soma from Ecurry sent us a colorful

Summer Salad with Citrus Lavender Dressing










Arfi from the blog HomeMadeS sent in a de-constructed salad for

Pear and Blue Cheese with Crispy Wontons






Barbara of the blog Winos and Foodies made

Zucchini Salad







My entry for a Lime & Mint noodle salad.








Denise who is the current facilitator of HHDD made a fabulous looking lime & mint noodle salad.





Now its time for you guys to choose your favorite summer salad. The winner will get to host the next round of HHDD, so make your pick now :) To place your vote, send me an email at akshayapaatram [at] gmail [dot] com within the next 5 days (Aug 22nd, midnight EST).
The entries have come in from all over the world and the innovation in each of these is fabulous! I huge thank you to everyone who participated :-) A special thanks to Denise for bringing back the HHDD event.

13 thoughts:

Nandini Vishwanath said...

Your FB wasn't opening. Happy Bday :)

Don't publish it if you don't want!

karuna said...

those are some yummy salads.

Priya said...


Nandu, I will I will :-P thank you soo much :)

Karuna, yup, can't wait to try a few of them. So do you have a fav here ?

Indian Food Rocks said...

I hope there's more than salad in store for you, today! Have a fabulous birthday, Priya!

Suzie said...

Thank you for hosting - I really enjoted it.

Sanghi said...

yummmy salad display priya!

Nirmala said...

Thats a fabulous roundup. Wishing you many moe ahppy returns of the day! May all your dreams come true and may the good GOD shower his choicest blessings upon you! Have a wonderful day!

Priya said...


Manisha, I actually did take salad for lunch, but luckily managed to go out for lunch and ate poori's for dinner :D thank you :-)

Suzie, I enjoyed hosting it too :) don't forget to send in your votes...

Sanghi, yes, salads surely don't need to be boring with such options.

thank you for the sweet wishes Nirmala, I had a really nice day.

Dennis said...

Thanks for the round-up. It was fun to enter this event :D

Soma said...

Lovely entries Priya! I have gone thru them, will send you my vote soon.

sathya said...

Wonderful Roundup!
Hey got something for you in my blog:)

Barbara said...

I sent you my entry but I guess you didn't receive it. Here it is again.
http://www.winosandfoodies.com/2009/08/zucchini-salad-hhdd.html

Shobana senthilkumar said...

wow...yummy salads:)

Blogging tips