Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A taste of color

Dear foodies,

Fall is here! Fall is here! The colors y'day on my way to the office were soo vibrant I just wanted to continue driving all day! I think Fall was at its peak over here yesterday and that also meant it was going to stay that way only a little longer. I took my camera to work today and headed out to a Metro park near-by on my way home.

There was every single shade of yellow and red around me, and not to forget the greens. I spent two whole hours trying to absorb as much of the beauty around me. I wish I could stay there all day.. life.

The leaves were already falling off the branches with the slightest of winds though. I was glancing out of the windows in my office looking at the trees losing leaves and fearing that there might not be any by the time I got out of work!

The trees will soon look like this one .... :(

I am going to go back to the park tomorrow to savor the scenes again....I need them to help me get through the terrible winter that's fast approaching. Go out to a park today if you can and spend sometime just sitting there enjoying the beauty around you, its completely refreshing.

Enjoy your day!

14 thoughts:

anudivya said...

That is beautiful Priya, the colors are a feast for the eyes.

SMN said...

Priya very nice clicks..very pleasant color

R said...

Beautiful Clicks! Its quite colorful...

Jaya said...

Awesome pictures!

Indian Food Rocks said...

Go out to a park, she says...*sob*

Lovely colors!! I wish I could go but it's past peak here. If only someone would let my dogwoods know. They're still green and that presents a huge problem as our first snowstorm is not too far away. :-(

Priya said...


Anu, its a feast I could live on forever!

SMN, thank you :)

Ramya, yes it is! The landscape is gorgeous right now.

Jaya, thank you :)

Manisha, the photo with the red leaves was taken specially for you :) Snowstorm ?! can you please tell it to stay away until the last week of October passes ? please ....

Priyanka said...

Fall colors are something that i miss since we moved from new york to florida...great pics

Anonymous said...

hi priya
beautiful pictures! ur aesthetic sense is superb.

Sangeeth said...

wow! iam just staring at these wonderful pics....really a feast for eys

Anonymous said...

All I can say is WOW, and all these colors are making me miss fall of NJ. Its sooo green here:-(

deepu said...

Beautiful pics priya... you are so right about enjoying the fall colors before the terrible winters.

Bhawana said...

beautiful pics :). u know I am so keen to go to such place. Near to my area I have not seen this color so far :(.

Priya said...


Priyanka, the only advantage of living on this side I guess... :(

Anon, thank you for dropping by and the compliment :)

Sangeeth, I was doing just that y'day, absolutely beautiful

Soma, these colors are truly magical right ? They make you forget all the snow :D

Deepu, I don't want winter :((

Bhawana, the Fall colors here are the silver lining on the cloud :D

Deepa Kuber said...

Fall is really beautiful in united states.. i love the colors.. (though chilly)this is the pleasant climate before the winter.. lovely pics

Blogging tips