Thursday, July 31, 2008

Coffee love

Dear foodies,

Here are my two coffee pics for Click -Coffee & Tea for the month of July.

Coffee

------------------------------
Update 2: The above photo won the first place in the Click: Reader's Choice category! Yayyy! THANK YOU all soo much for voting. I am really thrilled by it and the smile cannot get any longer on my face today :) It also made it to the 4th place in the Click: Spectra and Click: Concept categories which are the icing on the cake for me. A huge Thank you to all the judges and a special one to Bee and Jai! Congrats to the other winners :) Click here to see the winning entries.
And I get a precious badge, yipieee

------------------------------



The first photo is my entry to the event. I took these photos only y'day and would have loved to spend more time with the second photo. I like the idea behind it, but the execution could have been better. You can look at the camera settings for each photograph at my Flickr page by clicking on the photos. I post-processed the first photo a little by using a focal B&W filter. Here is another post I made last year confessing my coffee love :D and also a photo of the coffee filter that creates the magic.

Update 1: Here is a better processed version of the second photo, thanks to Manisha :)



25 thoughts:

Sangeeth said...

luved ur second foto...girl its wonderful....i luv coffee too :)

Indian Food Rocks said...

Took me a while to get the second one because I got distracted by the 'I' that was in the upper left corner. I love the concept and I think the heart is beautiful! See if you can make the shadows stand out more and drop the words maybe?

Unknown said...

Loved both the pic.s,Nice entry.Loved your thinking behind the second shot..

Anonymous said...

I think the second photo is sheer genius!

Priya said...


Sangeeth, thank you!

Manisha, I put the letters in just so that you could get it from the photo, a few of my frnds din't! And I don't mean to take credit for the concept, borrowed it from another I saw on flickr. I lost sunlight y'day before I could re-shoot it :(

Maheswari, thank you so much. I borrowed the idea and it lacked good execution :( I would have loved to have that as my entry..

Nupur, thank you :) I will improve it and post it soon...but like I said, I borrowed the idea :)

Unknown said...

Just perfect!

bha said...

the second one was a little difficult to understand what you wanted to say, but then my bulb flickered and i got the entire idea.....must say thats very imaginative.....:)

ushaprashanth said...

HI!
I too love coffee!!!!! And the pics are just perfect!!!!!!!

ST said...

I too love coffee.....Superb and awesome Click....

Sia said...

ah, that heart shape :) gorgeous...

mitr_bayarea said...

Priya,

not a coffee drinker, but, loves ur photos. Had a hard time figuring out pic. 2.

Indian Food Rocks said...

Priya, the term is 'inspired by', not borrowed. :-D

Jaya said...

The I heart coffee is great.. But could you make the shadows darker to enhance the heart? It's easy to miss it if it weren't for the I and Coffee... Great work!

TBC said...

I agree with Jaya. It took me a long time to "get" pic no.2.
But as always, your pics are beautiful.:D

Anonymous said...

hey poppy.....cooooooooool pic ( the second one)..our own little cutie creative genius..:) ..

bee said...

dear priya,
there's something for you at jugalbandi. congrats,

Indian Food Rocks said...

Woohoo! Congrats!!

Hey Priya, where are those days when we shared adrak-wali chai in the middle of the night! You can't be sleeping! Not now! Wake up! I need a cup of my favorite stuff - even though you clicked coffee!

Bhagyashri said...

Hi Priya,
Congrtualtions, thats a great click! I liked the secind one as well.

Pooja said...

congrats on winning dear Priya.
pics are simply superb .
Didnt notice till now that u r alive and kicking on your blog again :D. glad to see you on active blog :)

Anonymous said...

hello priya garu....congrats... ur pictures are simply superb!!! that pic is worth recieving award.... i came across ur site through this pic only... will have many more visits... bye

Priya said...

THANK YOU

Thank you all soo soo much. I am thrilled beyond words, it feels like the award-ceremony-speech-giving-moment :))

Bee, Thank you! and from now on I will send my pics (on-time!) and with a stick of butter ;)

Manisha those were golden days when I was in the Univ :( But we can still have my mirchi-wali chai 'inspired' from Bee's recipe :D

Bhagyashri, Welcome and thank you soo much :)

Pooja, I know, I was going on n off blogging so frequently that I am myself lost count :) But I hope to stay on now :)

Sruthi, thank you soo much for taking time to comment. Do keep visiting :)

soums said...

Superbbb...Pure talent..amazing..
The second pic is superb...

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Congrats, You Rock always!!!

amna said...

well deserved win :) lovely shots!

TBC said...

Congratulations, Priya!!! :D

Regarding your cornmeal query(on my blog), I don't know which brand to recommend. I just picked up whatever was available at the Indian store. I just checked the name for u- it's a DEEP brand product. Hope this helps.:)

BTW, the pics in your rasam powder post are simply beautiful!

Blogging tips