Thursday, April 03, 2008

May I come in please ...

Dear Foodies,

I still exist, I really do!! I know I've been away for a very long time. Sorry for everyone who stopped by and were disappointed to see the same old posts. Part of it was because I had work in the University that I still had to complete, and by the way I am a Post-Graduate now yayyyy :) The other reason is, my dear little camcorder that was my partner in crime for this blog broke (because of my stupidity :(( ) So though I cooked a lot in the past few months, I could not transfer the recipes to the blog. I am planning to get a new cam in a few weeks and will also be re-vamping my blog template to bring a fresh new look. So do come back :)

I have been using the old blogger template until now and plan to move to the beta version during the spring cleaning process. I had made a lot of changes to the basic Minima template I was using to create a unique look. So I am sure I'll loose most of it during the move to beta. If you have any sort of advice for me, please do drop in a comment :) and yaa, there is a poll on the left sidebar that'll help me get your views :)

Update: The move was easier than I thought, just a click of a button. I lost all my side bar content as expected because all that was my addition to the original template. But since I was given access to my previous HTML code, I just copy-pasted them into the HTML/Javascript Page elements feature.

I also added a new Horizontal Menubar right below the page Header. The pages connected to those links are just what the label states they are. Hope you find that convenient. I am still looking for other nice widgets and hacks to spruce up the blog and get it in good shape so you guys can enjoy reading it. Let me know if you have used/come across interesting pieces of code :)

Thank you !


21 thoughts:

Revathi said...

Welcome back !!!

Unknown said...

I look forward to some amazing recipes!!:)

Priya said...


Revathi, Thank you ! I can't tell you how excited I am looking at your comment, its been ages since I got one :)) :))

Krishna, the real recipes will still take awhile, but I plan to empty my photo archives and dig out a few recipes in the mean while, chalega ?

Suganya said...

Ah, there you are. You finally decided to show up. Good to see you :). Create a test blog and play around in it before moving to the main blog. There is a setting in the blogger to hide certain blogs if you don't want to make it public. Good luck!

Priya said...



Suganya, I have been doing that for a while now. I finally thought it was time to get in into the main scene, else I would just go on ..and on ..and on with the test blog :))

TBC said...

Congrats on graduating! and yes- you may come in now.;-)

Namratha said...

Congrats to the new grad on the block :D Welcome back and hope to see you back in full throttle very soon.

Anonymous said...

congratulations dear graduate!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on graduating, nice to see you back!

Srivalli said...

Oh...here you come...welcome back!..and congratulations on graduating..:)

abt the beta blogger..save a copy to hard disk and start on the work. You always can do a preview and revert back to before. As you said if you only keeping working on test blog..you will never graduate!...best of luck!..looking forward to seeing yummy dishes out here!

Padmaja said...

Priya welcome back and can't wait to see your new look and some wonderful recipes as well!!

Pooja said...

I am the one who was disappointed to see that old page again and again :(( .
Nice to see you back Priya .
Looking fwd to your new look of blog.

Indian Food Rocks said...

Priya! Too gray and gloomy! Get some color back in!

srikars kitchen said...

welcome back dear...

musical said...

Congratulation!! Good to see you back, dear and am so glad that your move went off smooth.

sunita said...

Good to see you back..and congrats on the degree :-)

Priya said...


TBC, Thank you for letting me in :)

Namratha I shud be back in a few weeks with new recipes, but I am trying to dig out older pics until then :)

Thank you Arundati and A-Kay

Srivalli the move was really simple, after the poll results I changed the colors and have been trying newer looks. Hope I find something good :)

Priya said...



Padmaja, I am so glad to be back. Will start posting as soon as I get the template right :)

Pooja, I am choo cholly for disappointing you :-)

Manisha ji, here's another one for you to judge :-)

Thank you Sripriya

Hey Musi thank you! The transition was the only thing smooth, getting a new look done is soo tough :))

Sunita, Thank you :) You know, I read your blog in two steps, I read the recipe in the office and then come home to look at the pics cos they are blocked b the office internet :))

Aravind said...

ghost!! ghost!!!

Anonymous said...

Priya:
I love this new template. Very clean look and appears very un-cluttered. Keep it up

and yes, looking forward to more recipes from you.

and Congratulations on your graduation!
Bestest
:-)

Priya said...


Hey Arun, Thank you :) Guess what, I was reading all your previous posts y'day night and was going to send you an email about your book.

Blogging tips