Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Three Cheers to the 60yr old !

Dear Foodies,

India has completed 60 golden years today and we are definitely growing in leaps and bounds. Good luck to our nation and to us ! Happy Independence day to all you proud Indians out there.

Our National Anthem

A few interesting Independence day special bites from other bloggers:
Cinnamon Trail
Saffron Trail
The 'yum' blog
Zaayka
La Gourmet Chef

Anita placed an order not many can deny, so this weekend we went the extra mile..or two :)) and made Poori-Aloo, Rasgulla and Shrikand, one of these was store bought ;)

Swaatantra Dina Subhakankshalu !
Iniya Sudhandhira Dina Vazhthukkal !
Swatantratha Divas Mubarak ho !

18 thoughts:

Unknown said...

Happy Independence Day!!

Padmaja said...

Happy Independence day!!
yummy dishes to celebrate and i know they must have liven u'r spirit

Richa said...

Happy Independence Day!

Bong Mom said...

Swatantrata Divas Mubarak Ho and very aptly celebrated with those yummy food

TBC said...

Happy I-Day to you too!

Sharmi said...

Happy Independence day to you too.

Dee said...

happy Independence day Priya!!

Kumudha said...

Nice picture of the flag!

Visiting for the first time, your blog looks intersting. I liked the burgers.

Anonymous said...

Happy Independence day to you too.

Suganya said...

Happy Independence Day!

Anonymous said...

And you're not telling which was store bought?! Has to be the puris! ;-)

Chandrika said...

Happy Independence Day to you too! The spread of goodies is delicious! Which one is store bought? I know u make yummy rasgullas...

Priya said...


Hope you all had some way of celebrating on I-day. We have a huge parade at our Downtown on Sunday. Looking forward to the day, for two reasons :)

None of you guessed which was store bought..hmm
Manisha..Puri's you say...bad bad bad :D I might buy some Tostones next time though :)

Chandrika :) Thank youuuuu, yup I made the Rasgulla's. Shrikand was store bought. I found it in the Indian store near my place last week and could not help ignoring the inner voice :)

Latha Narasimhan said...

What a beautiful flag! Your dishes are mouth watering!
Happy Independence to you!

Anonymous said...

I was kidding! Cross my heart, swear to die sort of thing. I am pulling the skin on my neck and pinching it and saying 'God promise!'
:-D

Priya said...

Manisha,I see that Medha has seen to it that you don't forget the rules of "promise". Maaf kiya, jao ..aap bhi kya yaad karogi :D You know what, when I find jobs in CO, I am applying to them with the confidence that I know someone there :)) So beware :D

Indian Food Rocks said...

Oooh! Do that! That would be SO much fun! You will cook and I will eat! And then we'll hike together to burn it off. What fun! And you can give me a taste of what's to come when you come for your interviews... :-D

CO is such a fun place, all year round. I don't ski but I did do cross-country skiing the first winter we were here. The real gently undulating trails were at 10K+ ft but getting there from 9.5K ft on skis was the tough part. By the time I made it, I was on nickname basis with the ground and the trees. I might go again this winter if I shape up!

Jaya said...

Nothing new in quite a while... Whats cooking? :)

Blogging tips