Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The White Carpet ...

Dear Foodies,

This is how Cincinnati looks right now !!


It started snowing at 12:30 pm in the afternoon and this picture was taken at 4:00pm. You can hardly see where the road is, there are two cars parked (one farther behind in the pic) but the road is nowhere is sight !! Well, it is 6:00 pm now and it hasn't stopped snowing even for a minute yet !! The forecast said 3-5" of snow...but I am sure we passed that mark many hrs ago !!

On a day like this all I want to do is to sit on the couch and pretend to do my research work from home i.e., self declared holiday !! So, what would a meal on such a day look like ??

Is that a Plate meal !!

No, neither did I or my room-mates step into the kitchen today, so you ask how all this turned up on the plate !! It was Leftovers Day !! yippieeee...who said leftovers were boring !! haha

Cabbage stir fry with coconut, beans, bhendi fry,
majjiga pulusu & mijjiga mirapakaya

Guys, I still waiting on your comments for the new look for the blog, do take a look at this. Based on the comments/suggestions I received till now....it looks like a 50-50 !! Help meeeeee :D


7 thoughts:

Nabeela said...

hey priya :)
I just wanted to say I like this template (that you're using currently) better than the new one...sorry if this doesn't agree with the popular opinion :(

FH said...

It's beautiful!! We had few hrs of snow and it dried up very quickly.Thali looks yummy!

Anonymous said...

Hi Priya,

I like your present template better. Its soft and elegant. Green - not one of my favourite colors. Guess I am kind of biased in my opinion:) Leftovers always make good meals. You won't realize all the variety you could get by scrambling out all those dabbas from the fridge. It must be freezing out there. I have never seen snowfall:( It feels like spring here in Florida right now:)

Mishmash ! said...

Hi Priya, My first visit here. Liked ur blog and looks like u pampered urself on a cold wintry day with quite a comfy lunch. We had continuous snow showers from 9.30am till 7 in the eve and now it looks all sparklyyy today :)Btw, ur template under consideration looks good except that the green is a bit overwhelming; would be a good idea to soften it a bit.

Shn

Mythreyee said...

Both looks perfect. up to you.

Lakshmik said...

Hi Priya

Overall the new design looks good. But I think there is too much of green on the site. You could try adding a different color along with green.

Chandrika said...

Hey Priya! The new template looks good. And it would look even better, if the green is darkened or softened.

Blogging tips