Monday, June 26, 2006

Maida Biscuits

Priya, another blogger who hosts Sugar and Spices, posted the recipe for Namakparas, the recipe looked soo simple and inviting that I could not wait to try it. Last night I got back home and made a tiny batch of these.
I modified the recipe to suit the ingredients I had. I dint have Nigella seeds and used Ajwain powder and some Jeera (Cumin seeds) instead. And a little extra oil went into the dough making as I failed to balance the oil can ;-), this changed the texture of the biscuits a bit. They were a bit crumbly, but the taste was good. Lots of room for improvement though :-)

6 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

I'am glad u tried Namakparas. Next time try with nigella seeds, believe me its very tasty.

And btw i have tagged u for a MEME, reply whenever possible.

Priya
Will do, my next grocery list will have Nigella seeds, I've never used them until now.
And Thank u loads for giving me my first MEME. Will reply soon. :-)

Dilip said...

I want to eat some!!!!
:(
I am sure they would have been great!!

Priya
They sure were great, if u arent lucky with this batch, I'll make sure the next one gets to u :-)

Vaishali said...

Hi Priya,
Best wishes for your new blog! Have fun!

Priya
Thank you Vaishali, ! I am having a lot of fun blogging...glad u dropped by, its so nice to see comments from bloggers whose blogs I follow :-)

Vineela said...

Hi Priya,
welcome to food blogging.
I think you are 3rd priya of the food blogging.
Nice name for your blog and i do make this with wheat flour which we can convert into sweet and salty .Hope to see more recipes from you.
Vineela

Priya
The Priya's are going to rule the blog word soon...hehe :)
This only name stuck on my mind for the blog :). My mom also makes the sweet and savory version of these biscuits..but I am not sure of the flour she uses. Will get her to clarify it. And I did try the sweet version by dropping the hot biscuits in powdered sugar :)

RP said...

Wow! I wish I could reach out and grab some........

Priya
I wish there were a way I could let u do that ;-) , but they are damn easy to make, I made 3 small batches from scratch in abt 30mins. So do try them out :-)

Krithika said...

The biscuits do look good.

Blogging tips