Friday, October 03, 2008

Slump time

Dear Foodies,

...at 3'o and its surprisingly regular. I have lunch at 12 on the dot on weekdays and its usually light, I don't want to fall asleep on my keyboard at the office and hurt myself, the table isn't comfortable either! So right around 3'o clock I get hit by a snack attack, I feel like munching on something which is also fun to eat. Sometimes even a cup of coffee or tea will do the trick, but the key is getting my hands on something, and yaa, they shouldn't be noisy to eat :D

My choices so far have been assorted dry fruits, raisins and prunes. I bought a pack of pepperidge farm assorted cookies once but that's way too much fat to casually munch on. Weekends are totally different in terms of routine for me, I sleep late, very late, eat breakfast when it should be lunch, following my mood and nothing else. There are no body clocks interfering but the weekdays see a totally different person. I need to eat something in the morning, by 12 I am waiting for lunch, 3'o is snack time, I get back home and have my cup of coffee/tea and some light dinner later. Any change in routine will warrant a grumble from the tummy :D Surprising how well the body prepares itself!

I made these baked muthia's last weekend after seeing Aparna's post. I stuck to Ashwini's recipe for the most part and they were yummy though a lot thinner than the originals. I had a them with some home-made yogurt topped with coriander leaves and some aloo bhujia and it was part of my brunch :P

What are your go-to's for snack time ? Any healthy, low-cal options that you've tried and liked ?

9 thoughts:

bee said...

masala peanuts are good. :D

j can send you his recipe if you want it.

and fruit. i've tried these muthias. they are awesome.

jayasree said...

Even I had bookmarked Aparna's post. Seeing yours, I am tempted to make it soon.

Anonymous said...

I too have those snack attacks around 3 on weekdays. I sometimes walk to the vending machine and buy a packet of Lay's chips as that is the only item in the VM without any suspect ingredients; or I have a cup of coffee. But I'm trying really hard to break this routine. I have fruit on days I remember to pack them.

Those muthias look lovely.

Mamatha

Mamatha

anudivya said...

I have snack cravings the whole day! Especially something sweet. I am not even going to suggest anything to you! :(

Sonia said...

yeah...I also made muthiya from Ashwini's blog. it was tasty and healthy.
Ur muthiya version look and tempting.

amna said...

i have the raisins too, the same ones in your pic. I work in a place where we are surrounded with free junk food and it takes all of my will power not to indulge too much. so its raisins and on most days, chopped green apples. i *love* their sour taste!

Anonymous said...

i know those dreaded hunger pangs just too well....the muthias now get bookmarked after those endorsements...

Aparna Balasubramanian said...

I know those snack pangs so well, except mine are around 4.30 in the evening.
And I prefer savoury and crunch. These were good, weren't they?

Unknown said...

Perfect snack..

Blogging tips